Saturday, March 13, 2010

Beginning of the End


just a quick update.

my mom came to visit (so much fun!) we got to go to melbourne and see the great ocean road and bike riding in manly and more fun adventures :)

just chillin on the 12 apostles

i leave for South east asia in 11 days (EKK!) and have fun little things before that to do :). i go to surf camp wednesday to friday 3 hours north of sydney in Seal's Rock (we will see how THAT goes), then going to Mudgee for a 3 day country and wine trip with Rich then off on my trip!

it doesnt feel like i am done with australia, maybe because im not going straight home, but i will miss sydney, i've meet some amazing people and got to see some amazing things, but im excited to be home as well. i get to be a part of whats going to be my favorite friend's wedding!! and i'm already bummed i have missed some of the wedding hooplah and planning so im very pumped about all that as soon as i land! :) and seeing everyone. i miss my lubbock family and my dallas family. miss monday night dinners at the carmacks, bon giorno coffee, mexican food (that cannot be stressed enough), my dogs (which i find annoying at most times until i see them on skype looking cuddly and cute), driving my car and being able to sing along to the radio (bc singing along to my ipod in the streets here is obviously a little odd) and most of all, my family! this summer, i will be able to hang out with not just my parents and brian, but my older brother kyle who will be back from dubai. this year has been so amazing so far and each year keeps getting better :)

p.s. i am looking for overseas volunteer opportunites for when i get back so if anyone has anything that might be up that ally please send it my way! :)

oh and these were my pretty aussie valentine's day flowers :)


i will miss conveyor belts of sushi everywhere


what im going to miss most about australia

1 comment:

  1. That's a sweet post...
    Who is that guy you're hugging - or who's hugging you? I hope he's a good guy.

    And YES.... Monday night suppers await you!

    Be safe.

    ReplyDelete